11 outubro 2006

Would you erase me?

[Clementine and Joel have broken into an empty house on the Montauk beach]

Joel: I really need to go. I should catch my ride.
Clementine: So go.
Joel: I did. I walked out the door. I was too nervous. I thought, maybe you were a nut. But you were exciting. I felt like I was a scared little kid.
Clementine: You were scared?
Joel: Yeah. I thought you knew that about me. I ran back to the bonfire, trying to outrun my humiliation.
Clementine: Was it something I said?
Joel: Yeah, you said so go. Said it with such disdain you know?
Clementine: Oh, I'm sorry.
Joel: It's ok.
Clementine: I wish you had stayed.
Joel: I wish I had stayed to. I swear to god I wish I had stayed. I wish I had done a lot of things. I wish... I wish I had stayed.

[Walking out]

Clementine: Joely? What if you stayed this time?
Joel: I walked out the door. There's no memory left.
Clementine: Come back and make up a good-bye at least. Pretend we had one... Goodbye, Joel.
Joel: ...I love you...
Clementine: ...Meet me in Montauk...

Meet me... in Montauk

(Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)

"Já conheceu alguém de quem não se consegue esquecer?.."

4 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Joel: Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating.

*

:)

sofya disse...

Clementine: HEY! Lets go out dancing! You want to go out to Montauk with me?
Look, I'm sorry if I came off a little nutso, I'm not really. :)
*

Anónimo disse...

Joel: That's okay, I really didn't think you were.

sofya disse...

Clementine: I would like you to call me. Would you do that? I'd like it.
You're really nice... God, I have to stop saying that!
*

memorable quotes from «Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind»